China Clay Lumps
Hard China Clay Lumps belong to Kaoline class of clays. Based on its content, these lumps are used in different industries. It has minimal ion exchanging capacity and low shrink swelling characteristics. High opacity level, distinctive luster and good mechanical strength are the main factors of these clay lumps. China clay is also known for its good anti crack capacity, unique extrusion attributes, stable diameter and good thermal properties. These odorless lumps contain high amount of kaolinite mineral. Soild china clay lump tends to produce distinctively earthy smell in its wet form. These lumps are obtained from mines.
- IUPAC Name: oxo-oxoalumanyloxy-[oxo(oxoalumanyloxy)silyl]oxysilane
- Other Name: Porcelain clay
- Molecular Weight: 258.156 g/mol
- Molecular Formula: Al2Si2O5(OH)4
- CAS Number: 1332-58-7
- EC Number: 619-103-2
- PubChem CID: 56841936
- State: Lump
- Appearance/Color: creamy white
- pH Value: 6 to 8
- Particle Size: 325 mesh
- Melting Point: 740-1785°C
- Density: 2.65 g/cm3
- Refractive index: 1.3620 n
- Specific Gravity: 2.7 to 2.8
- Solubility: Not soluble in water
- Whiteness: 92+
Uses of China Clay Lumps:
1) Due to their excellent mechanical attributes, solid China Clay Lumps are used to produce sanitary ware, floor tiled and other clay based items.
2) In plastic processing arena, these lumps are used as filler materials to enhance homogeneity and strength of plastic made film, cables and moldings.
3) These are also used to produce ceramic products.
4) In paper industry, these lumps are used to manufacture hard board and cardboard.
5) Due to its alumina enriched content, China clay is used to produce fiber glass.